ERS update on the pending Ovation Protégé helmet recall
- The manufacturing label date range of the proposed recall on affected Ovation Protégé helmets covers affected Protégé helmets with manufacturing label dates ranging 12/2020 through 12/2022.
- We recommended that consumers discontinue use of their Ovation Protégé helmets with manufacturing label dates ranging 12/2020 through 12/2022.
From English Riding Supply LLC -
“At English Riding Supply LLC (ERS), rider safety has always been a top priority. With this in mind, ERS has determined that some of its Ovation Protégé model equestrian helmets may not comply with the ASTM F1163-15 impact test requirement, even though the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) has certified the Ovation Protégé as compliant with the ASTM F1163-15 requirements for many years.
Much to our surprise, additional testing performed at independent laboratories on behalf of ERS indicates that some helmets may not comply with the impact test requirements. We believe this affects a limited number of Ovation Protégé helmets manufactured during a specific time period.
ERS will be conducting a voluntary recall on Ovation Protégé helmets with the limited manufacturing date range of 12/2020 through 12/2022.”
Please follow the steps outlined below to check if your helmet is included in the recall and what to do if it is.
1. Please check your Ovation Protégé helmet manufacturing label located beneath the inside liner. The recall is for dates ranging from 12/2020 to 12/2022. If it falls within this range, The Paddock Saddlery will replace it with an Ovation Deluxe Schooler helmet free of charge.
2. In order to process the free replacement, The Paddock Saddlery will need you to cut the harness of your helmet into two pieces and take a picture of the full helmet along with the pieces of the destroyed harness as pictured below. A picture of the manufacturing label inside the helmet as shown above will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Upon receipt of the images, Big Dee’s customer service team will help get you outfitted with the Ovation Deluxe Schooler free replacement in the size and color that you need. Please click here for all the Deluxe Schooler options.
The Paddock Saddlery values your business and prioritizes your safety at all times, please do not delay in reaching out to our customer service team at 1-800-321-2142 or come into the store for assistance with this recall.