Zoetis Strongid Single Dose Paste Dewormer
AVAILABILITY: In stock (1701 items)
Strongid Paste Dewormer by Zoetis is a horse dewormer containing pyrantel pamoate. Effective against mature infections of roundworms, large strongyles, small strongyles and pinworms.
- Contains the active ingredient pyrantel pamoate
- Each syringe contains 3.6 grams pyrantel base in 23.6 gm paste
- One 23.6 gm syringe treats up to 1200 lb
- Effective against benzimidazole-resistant small strongyles.
- Safe for horses and ponies, including breeding, pregnant and lactating mares and young foals
- Large Strongyles
- Small Strongyles
- Ascarids (Roundworms)
Dosing & Administration
- To be administered as a single oral dose of 3 mg pyrantel base per pound of body weight
- The syringe has four (4) weight mark increments. Each weight mark indicates the recommended dose for 300 pounds of body weight
- During the first year of life foals should receive a minimum of four anthelmintic treatments. Work with the veterinarian on your team to determine an individualized deworming program
- Deworming is an important part of prenatal care. To minimize the potential source of infection that the mare may pose to the foal, the mare should be treated with Strongid Paste one (1) month prior to the anticipated foaling date followed by re-treatment 10 days to two (2) weeks after birth.